Monday, September 28, 2020

Covid summer to fall continues and so does life...

 I am not sure where I left off on the last post but today is September 28, 2020. Sometimes I feel like I am in the Back to the Future movies, which we have all watched as a family might I add. For a summer turned fall update, Remote learning has been going on for 7 weeks and you are rocking it! It is not the same learning in your room, but you are doing what you need to do and are getting rave reviews from your teacher. We have your chrome book linked to a bigger screen for a more comfortable learning environment.  In a few weeks they are allowing you to come back to the building and although you were hesitant before, your trailblazer little sister went to the building today so we are all anxiously awaiting what she thinks! We have been doing so much, I mean no wonder I have no time to write these blogs, there is so much to write about! Soccer and gymnastics both started up. In this post I want to write about soccer. A few years ago when you told me soccer was a waste of time, I was sure you would never find an interest in it and I let that ship sail. Well when Covid hit and we had those soccer play dates that I helped out with, your interest of soccer went 180' and now you LOVE it. Charli....you had your first game and you scored and I started to cry. You are a natural, you are outstanding, my jaw dropped. Your coach was in absolute shock that you had not played soccer before and just keep saying that he sees so many good things in your future soccer related, you have natural instincts, you are aggresssive, you are skilled, and may I add absolutely adorable. I mean seeing you on that field gives me butterflies. I can only hope soccer fulfills you the way it did me, actually I don't care what you pick but I hope you find he same joy and more that athletics gave me. I love that you are making new friends and above all you still want us to be your cheerleaders! Champion Charli Forever! After the game the other day you laughed at me and said I was cheering for Matilda, but there is no Matilda- there is a Madaline and a Madilynn---oh boy, how could I have gotten so confused??!!! LOL. In your first two games against the best team in the league you scored a goal in each. The 3rd game you came off the field with alligator tears because you didn't score and you said you had a bad game. You felt like your feet were switched. I think this was the best lesson you are starting to learn. We all don't have great games and we all don't have great days, but we just pick up our head and try to do better each time. It is the journey not the outcome we learn from. I am so proud of you win lose or tie, good game or bad. I will always be your biggest fan! We have also had some life lessons come about this spring that have showed me you not only have a conscious, but you have a soul and you know right from wrong. WE took sometime to explore that and we made good on all of it this past Saturday. Yes, Saturday, September 26th, mask on with MY Communion dress, built in necklace and all, you took the next step in Faith and made your First Holy Communion. You were beautiful, angelic, and we are so proud. You were glowing, honestly there was a radiance around you. Sarah came over and did your hair and it was awesome, then you put on my dress ( because you said you want to make it a tradition) and I don't think you have ever felt better. Grandma gave you her communion purse, bible, and rosary, and like that you were whole. You were all grown up in a matter of moments and you were so proud of who you are! That is all that matters, being prould of who you are and the choices you make. Daddy and I are so proud of who you are and what you stand for. We love you more than words. The celebration after was perfect. I watched you enjoy every family member and I could tell you just loved being celebrated. Danica on the other hand was missing out on being celebrated- she wanted "to eat somebody too and drink their blood"- she is still learinng exactly what communion means LOL. I am so thankful for the family we have and being able to share all these memories with them, it is just another reminder of how much you are loved by so many. There was a live video link since Covid has prevented large crowds and we must maintain social distancing, so it allowed all of the rest of our family to be a part of your celebration.

Every day is an adventure with this family. You continue to be an amazing big sister and helper to everyone. Your room could not be more organized and it screams creativity. You have made your closet in to your American Girl's apartment and even I am jealous. You have created closets and dressers, and apparatuses out of boxes I wouldn't even know where to start. All of this while being an excellent student, star athlete, and little girl. Honestly, Charli the day you were born was the happiest day of my life and I am blessed beyond words that you are mine. I don't know why I got so lucky but I did!

Your long blonde, blue eyes, crzy teeth smile, and athletic build make you a force on the outside but it is your inside that is the biggest force to be reckon with. Your curiousity, intrigue, kind-hearted nature are all reasons people flock to you. Keep up the great work and keep being you. Covid is not going to bring us down we will just keep rising up!

TODAY 10/5 you went back to in person learning at school. AHHHHHHHHHHHH I want to cry I miss you sooooo much!

No comments:

Post a Comment