Friday, August 19, 2011

Are you pregnant?

I am wondering when that question became so popular and why it is acceptable. We are almost 10 weeks along and we are still not telling others until the end of the first trimester. Are people really that interested if someone is having a baby, to ask all the time? With complications and miscarriages and the personal experience of learning you are pregnant shouldn't there be some breathing room? I wish there was an unwritten rule, when I am ready to tell you, you will know. Are these people really so invested that is something goes wrong they will be there for that too? I feel very blessed to have the people I have in my life and the lack of this pressure, but its not to say that it isn't being felt. I feel I shared with those who I feel comfortable sharing with and at the appropriate time. I'd like to think that there are a lot of other questions and topics other than pregnancy. I'd also like to think it is personal. Dan and I waited to tell our families for weeks. We also are waiting to tell our friends for another few weeks. This is a life changing experience and I want to feel comfortable, enjoy it, and make decisions I feel are best for us. We have our next appointment on Thursday. We begin the 2011 school year on Monday. At this time they usually share things such as marriages, engagements, babies, and who is pregnant to the entire staff. I don't feel comfortable sharing that information with everyone. I would like to look forward to hearing the babies heartbeat on Thursday and for Dan and I to have a very intimate experience. This is not to say that I am so happy that we have so many people that are interested in us, it's just that this is one of the most amazing experiences I have waited  for as long as I can remember to have. There was a time I didn't think it would happen to me and I want to keep it so no one can say or do anything to take this feeling away. I have kind of isolated myself from others because it seems to be the only topic. It's funny because the people we told it wasn't. When you are in your early 30's a summer night out with teachers involves drinks. I like to drink so when I order a lemonade or water, something must be wrong. So instead I just don't go out. I feel like a 16 year old girl who has to hide her pregnancy and make excuses. When in all actuality I just need a little more time. I like security and comfort and to do things when I am ready. In a few weeks I will be ready, but until then isn't there something else to talk about????? Or maybe I should just do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment