Wednesday, August 3, 2011

YEAH! WE ARE HAVING A BABY!

I was finishing an in-district course during the middle of July. I was frequently checking my period tracker app and knew that not only did I have cramps but my boobs were painful so I highly doubted this was the month. The night before we went out to a nice dinner in Long Grove and I wanted to play trivia but it was at the wrong place, so therefore we ended up heading to Durty Nellies for trivia to which Dan did not want to go and it caused an argument. We also were not very successful at trivia and when we were finished I wanted to go out somewhere else, instead we went home. When we got home I had another beer, a Spaten, and sat outside. We continued to argue because I was irrational and should have realized the night was over, but hey it was a beautiful night in the summer and I didn't have to teach summer school the next day. We went to bed mad at each other and he got up for work (I forgot to mention Dan had to work though). I realized that when I tracked my period I was really a day late on my 32 day cycle. I went to class and could just feel the cramping. On my way home I decided to stop at Walgreens and get a magazine(US weekly) and a pregnancy test. I has taken a test before and been disappointed and promised myself the next time it would be positive. I got home, walked passed Dan and proceeded to the bathroom. With that said I was kind of reluctant to take the test because if history repeats I would be getting my monthly visitor at the same time. I took the test anyway and set it down on the ground of the shower. I was sure I got my friend and wasted yet again $14. It was then I looked at the ground and noticed 2 very distinct lines. I checked the box, checked the test, and realized 2 lines means PREGNANT. I had thought many times of how I would tell Dan with some kind of elaborate surprise but instead I went out with the test 9not exactly sanitary in the family room, shaking and saying "Oh my God read this!!!!!is this what this means???" He saw it, read the box and was as shocked as I was.. but remember he was still mad at me, he still holds grudges. Needless to say as exciting as it was, it was a shock even though we were trying...and a good shock it came to be. We went out to dinner at Francesca's that night, our fight was immediately resolved, where I was asked what kind of wine I would like and would begin my 9 months or more of sobriety, instead I ordered a cranberry and pineapple juice. I remember a very pregnant girl when we first walked in and already wished I was that far along. We then went to Peggy Kinnane's to play trivia where again, what are you having and when I wanted to try a non-alcoholic beer the first thing out of the bartender's mouth,"Are you pregnant." This secret we had was very much obvious to everyone else... I should have realized the signs...I hated beer!!!! Just hated the taste of Miller lite..I was switching to Bloody Mary's, Miller Lite with a lime, I was just not interested. I also was getting headaches, I never have headaches... and the cramps and chest pain I had were a little different than the usual but not enough to set me off. But indeed there was a little seed starting to grow and this was our secret to keep for at least a few weeks. Goodbye Spaten, Hello baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment