Sunday, August 7, 2011

36th Surprise Anniversary Party






On July 23rd Dan and I threw a surprise anniversary party for my parents. We also had a deck built in 2 days and redecorated our house, had 3 rooms painted, all on the hottest days of the summer. It was also at this time we were keeping the biggest secret in the world. I just kept thinking of the right time to tell them and that we weren't far enough along to tell the rest of our family. When I set up my first appointment they told me it would be when I was 7 weeks and that would be July 31, this was a week before. Therefore this made us keep the secret. We decided to get frames, one that said "Now Showing" to put the ultrasound in and one that said "Grandchildren make the world a better place" with our due date in the picture part and were going to give them as gifts after we got the sonogram the following week. We also found out that our due date is March 17, 2012..St. Patrick's Day, also known as Dan's parent's wedding day. The week his Dad passed as well as the week my Uncle Tony passed...quite a memorable week, and not such good memories to say the least so this really made that week special to us.
We had so much excitement it was insane and continued to keep the secret. The party was great and the usual questions about kids came up but my mom didn't suspect. My friend Emily however said she knew when she walked in the house I was pregnant and even asked me in the kitchen, to which I had to lie. We had kept this secret from my parents and how did she know? I haven't seen Emily since February, I was just out with my parents the Friday before and wasn't drinking and they still didn't know! I had to share the news with Emily the next morning because I felt so guilty lieing. She said she knew and even told her Mom, who said maybe she doesn't know yet. I knew that's for sure, and how I was still keeping it from my parents is something I have never done. I made it through the party with everyone my parent's "love" being there, family and friends from all over the place, and we had a really nice time. With the slip of my Grandma giving away the party to my MOM it turned out fabulous, Dan and I threw them a great 36th anniversary party to remember, with the biggest surprise on it's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment